According to various studies, more than 1,000 social media accounts are hacked every day. Most likely, you also received letters that a user from another country entered your account - and you had to urgently change passwords.
It's good that there is a way to protect yourself from hacking - this is two-factor authentication.
Authentication is the process of verifying the identity of a user. Accordingly, two-factor or two-step authentication is when you need to confirm in two different ways that you are the owner of the account.
The first step is usually to enter a password. And for the second stage, different confirmation methods are used:
• SMS code that will be sent to the phone specified during user registration.
• Code from the letter to the email specified during registration.
• Special applications, such as Yandex.Key or Google Authenticator. They can receive codes for logging into your account, even if there is no Internet connection.
• Backup codes. They are generated in advance, and then entered if it is not possible to receive the code by SMS or email.
• Biometrics, such as fingerprints or selfies.
If you have enabled two-factor authentication, the situation will develop differently. The scammer will enter a password, but will not log into the account, because you need to specify the code from the SMS that will be sent to your phone. If the scammer does not have access to your phone, then he will not get access to the profile
It is important to use a phone number and email address that you have access to. These contacts must always be up to date, otherwise you will not be able to restore access to your account if you forget your password.
Usually the section where the settings for this feature are located is called “Security” or “Privacy”. Then strictly follow the instructions and follow the steps in order.
Where to turn on two-factor authentication:
Spend just a couple of minutes of your time on this and ensure the safety of your data from hacking.
You may also be interested in